Jordi Labs is seeking a hard working, honest and dedicated individual for an analytical laboratory chemist position. This individual will work closely with our Ph.D. chemists and laboratory technicians to assist in the analysis of a wide range of customer samples. We highly value personal integrity, flexibility and a strong work ethic.
Applicant should have a keen interest in solving real world chemical problems and it is preferable that they have some experience working with glassware, chemicals, and instrumentation. It is crucial for personal safety and the success of the work that the applicant be focused and detail oriented. The most important aspects of the work involve:
- Laboratory Tasks
- Sample Preparation
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Thermal Gravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Solid Phase Extraction (SPE)
- Preparation of Technical Reports
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science preferred
- Highly motivated and competitive
- Exhibit clear verbal and written communication
- Proficient with MS Office and Internet
- Strong working knowledge of organic chemistry
- Chemistry lab skills
- Familiarity with analytical chemistry instrumentation and theory
As a small but rapidly growing business, Jordi provides a high energy environment where a motivated individual can have a positive impact on the entire organization. Prior experience with these techniques is a plus but on the job training will be provided. Applicants must have strong English and writing skills for the preparation of technical reports.
Jordi Labs provides contract analytical services with a special emphasis on chemical identification and liquid chromatography products. It is our goal to help our customers overcome their analytical challenges by providing outstanding products and personal assistance. As a family company, our goal is to provide the best customer service in the industry, backed by over 30 years of technical expertise.
Jordi Labs offers a competitive salary with an attractive benefits package. If you would like the chance to expand your knowledge of materials characterization and want to be part of a growing team, please forward your resume.