Overview: This is an entry level facilities maintenance position that requires a working knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair. This position works closely with production technicians which require that the applicant be able to learn procedures quickly and precisely follow instructions.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Assembles and moves furniture, hang pictures and bulletin boards, makes name plates, moves and sets up tables and chairs.
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls.
- Manages subcontractors
- Perform varied manufacturing procedures as directed.
- Clean-up glassware, waste disposal and facilities clean-up.
- Assist chemists/employees as directed.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum education/job experience: (where possible list equivalent experience for educational requirements)
- High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum job skills/qualifications (be specific, and list equivalence where possible)
- Proficiency with computer office tools (Microsoft Office) is required
- Applicant must be able to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and a working knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair is preferred.
Jordi Labs provides scientific products and contract testing services used to perform chemical investigations. It is our goal to help our customers solve their problems through the lens of analytical chemistry. As one of the premiere analytical laboratories, we strive to provide the best customer service in the industry, backed by over 30 years of technical expertise.
Jordi offers a competitive salary with an attractive benefits package. If you would like to be part of a growing team, please forward your resume.