Jordi Labs is seeking a hard-working, honest and dedicated individual for a laboratory technician position. This individual will work closely with our PhD chemists and laboratory technicians to assist in the analysis of a wide range of customer samples. We highly value personal integrity, flexibility and a strong work ethic.
- Perform titrations, sample preparation, soxhlet extraction and wet chemistry
- Perform varied test procedures as directed
- Test and calibrate lab equipment
- Perform lab chores such as cleaning glassware, waste disposal and facilities clean-up
- Assist with the Safety and Quality programs
- Assist chemists/employees as directed
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Minimum education/job experience:
- Minimum of 2 years in the industry
- Associates degree in Science preferred
Minimum job skills/qualifications:
- Must be interested in working in the chemical field
- Must be able to work with glassware, chemicals, and instrumentation
- Must be able to lift at least 75lbs
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions
- It is crucial for personal safety and the success of the work that the applicant is able to focus and be detail oriented
As a small but rapidly growing business, Jordi provides a high energy environment where a motivated individual can have a positive impact on the entire organization. Prior experience with these techniques is a plus but on the job training will be provided. Applicants must have strong English and writing skills for the preparation of technical reports.
Jordi Labs provides contract analytical services with a special emphasis on chemical identification and liquid chromatography products. It is our goal to help our customers overcome their analytical challenges by providing outstanding products and personal assistance. As a family company, our goal is to provide the best customer service in the industry, backed by more than 3 decades of technical expertise.
Jordi offers a competitive salary with an attractive benefits package. If you would like the chance to expand your knowledge of materials characterization and want to be part of a growing team, please forward your resume.