Pyrolysis Mass SpectrometryBreaking down polymer composition, one heat ramp at a time. One of our preferred techniques for the identification of organic molecules is Pyrolysis Mass Spectrometry (PYMS). With its unique ability to heat samples to pyrolysis temperatures (up to 800°C), PYMS is able to separate sample constituents by thermal stability and further identify them via mass spectrometry. Covering the broadest range of analytes, PYMS can identify molecules as small as polymer additives and as large as polymers themselves.
- Identification of polymers
- Non-polar polymer additives
- Off-gas Determination from ambient to 800°C
- Good vs bad polymer comparison
- Decomposition temperature determination