The objective of this work was to investigate the chemistry of a polymeric urinary drainage bag. The goal was to deformulate the device.
In an effort to obtain a complete understanding of the device composition, many analytical techniques were employed, including:
- Pyrolysis Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (PYMS)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LCMS)
- Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC)
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS)
The sample was separated into two separate portions, one section of the sample was found to have a white surface layer.
Read the following report to see the full analysis.